The brain is made up of brain cells and central nerves, so to treat cerebral palsy is necessary to repair and replenish brain nerve cells. Infantile cerebral palsy is a disease with high incidence, in addition to the treatment, daily rehabilitation nursing is also very important for the children with cerebral palsy. Therefore, how parents of children with cerebral palsy do a good routine care?
1. Due to developmental delay, children with cerebral palsy learn all kinds of actions slower and more awkward than healthy children with same age, so it is necessary to have special guard to ensure the kid’s safety, avoid accidental injury.
2. Pay attention to the kid’s cleaning and hygiene, including doing regular bathing and timely changing clothes, sheets, quilts and so on.
3. Maintain indoor air fresh, sunny, drafty and with comfortable temperature. Do regular disinfection and mop the ground with disinfectant drag to ensure the cleanness of the kid’s room.
4. As for children with severe condition or children cannot keep sitting, doctors often request them lying in bed for a long time, and the best position for children with cerebral palsy should be side-lying and nursing staff should often help children to turn over, minimizing the time of lying in bed in the daytime. Clean the waste timely and keep patient’s skin clean to prevent the bedsore or other infections.
What Food should Children with Cerebral Palsy Avoid?
1. Avoid Eating Food containing Aluminum
WHO recommended intake limit for aluminum in diet should not exceed 60 mg every day, or it will lead to a decline of memory and slow thinking ability. People who often use aluminum pan and kettle should also pay attention to the increasing amount of aluminum intake. In order to guarantee the further recovery of children with cerebral palsy, parents should pay attention to it as well.
2. Avoid Eating Food Containing Lead
Lead is a main "killer” for brain cells so food containing excessive amounts of lead can damage brain causing mental retardation (MR). Some children often eat popcorn, but in the production process, after heated by high pressure, the surface which contains lead of inner soft lead pad at tank cover will become gaseous lead. The raw materials of making preserved egg contain lead oxide and lead salts, because lead has a strong capability of penetration, so eating preserved eggs will also affect intelligence, therefore, patients with cerebral palsy cannot eat too much of it.
3. Avoid Eating Food Containing Too Much Salt
Human body physiologically need little table salt: adult less than 7 grams a day while children below 4 grams. People who are used to eating salty food tend to develop hypertension and atherosclerosis, but also will cause damage of arteries, affecting the cerebral blood supply, resulting in long-term ischemic and anoxic state of brain cells, causing mental retardation, memory decline, and even premature aging. Therefore, children with cerebral palsy should not take too much salt in diet.
4. Avoid Eating Food Containing Lipid Peroxide
Food such as smoked fish, roast duck, roasted goose, etc contain lipid peroxide which is harmful to human body, long-term intake too much it from diet and accumulate in body will damage some metabolic enzyme systems, causing premature brain or dementia.
5. Avoid Eating Food Containing Too Much Gourmet Powder and Saccharin
Women in late pregnancy, who eat too much gourmet powder, are easy to cause fetal zinc deficiency, affecting the physical and mental as well as intellectual development of the baby. Children with cerebral palsy should keep away from eating it. Besides, excessive intake of saccharin can damage brain, liver and other tissues, and may even induce bladder cancer, therefore, children with cerebral palsy must limit saccharin intake.
Aug. 24, 2012 — Researchers from the Laboratory of astrocyte biology and CNS regeneration headed by Prof. ...[Read more]
JI.Letjen S.Parman Kav.72
Menara Citicon Lt.11 Blok
C2,Slipi-Jakarta Barat 11410
75A Surabaya (sebelah